Friday, February 8

Reading: Bevans [Anthropological]

Bevans busts out his spin on the anthropological model of contextual theology in Chapter 5 of his MP520 opus. Even before I learned about the details and theories like the anthropological model in my studies here at Fuller, I had an understanding that I was a unique creation of God's with my own path on Earth. Maybe I didn't understand that the method involved terms like "human nature" or "human culture." And I certainly didn't [and probably still don't] know what it meant to be "fully human." That being said, one could look at the war, hate, and ugliness on the Earth and claim the goodness of humanity is damned. Of course, on the flip side, another could argue there is goodness in love, faith, hope, and progress made each day. Is your glass half full or half empty?

No comments: